Just what is a loved one with dementia going through? A 12-minute virtual Alzheimer’s tour reveals more than you ever imagined (source Alzheimer’s Weekly).
We wish our customers, friends, colleagues and neighbours a prosperous and healthy 2014.
AGES (African Gerontological Society) and NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) of Nigerian get together at the Rossetti Care facility in Tose, Moniya. The meeting held by AGES was to discuss it’s work and also took the opportunity to engage younger member’s of our society in promoting the care of elderly people.
AGES Aims and Objectives are:
- To advocate for enlightened development policies and practices for quality living for Older Persons.
- To Promote public awareness on ageing issues and the problems of Older Persons and mobilize action at all levels for ensuring sustainable improvement in their care and security.
- To initiate and assist organizations working with and for Older Persons in Nigeria and to develop appropriate community-based services.
- To initiate and assist the development of research advocacy of policies and services for Older Persons.
- To advocate education and training for personnel engaged in services to the Elderly Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers and Careers.
- To collaborate in the other relevant International organisations.
Rossetti Care is one of many companies actively joining in with AGES to take these objectives forward.
For more details on AGES and how to become a member see www.ages-nigeria.org
Mrs Janet Awe
In loving memory of Mrs Janet Awe, a wonderful sister, Aunty, Great Aunty and Great Great Aunty who passed away on 2 August 2013.
She will be remembered fondly by Chief Mrs Leticia Laniyonu and Family
Dementia care resource for Nigerians – DementiaNigeria.com
Rossetti Care is pleased to sponsor www.DementiaNigeria.com a new information resource for people living with dementia in Nigeria. DementiaNigeria.com will feature articles, events, news and information to promote positive care for our elderly Nigerians, especially those living with dementia.
If you care for someone who may have dementia please visit and contribute your ideas and experience to www.DementiaNigeria.com
Sponsored by Rossetti Care
If you wish to join Rossetti volunteers, email or phone for details.
All volunteers are carefully vetted.
www.rossetticare.com tel 07068 633 627
Phase two of the residential care facility in Tose has taken another big step forward. The roof is now firmly installed on the phase two of the project. Watch this space to see the next step on this exciting development.
Building the purpose built residential units
The build process for phase two has had a few setbacks however it is now back on track. Below are some photographs showing different stages of the development for phase two. Watch this space for more updates!